Saturday, September 3, 2011

My issues

Being new to this whole thing, I thought it important to try to get some of my own important issues down on paper so that I could start comparing them against candidates.

  • To me, people are people. Equality despite religion, race, or sexual orientation is very important to me. I do not like Herman Cain's track record of discrimination against Muslims, for instance. I also strongly support gay marriage. 
  • Education is really the backbone of tomorrow's economy. Teachers do not get paid enough and far too many kids drop out of high school. The cost of higher education has risen something like 900% since the 70s. I have absolutely no solutions, but I'm very interested in learning more about candidates who have a desire to improve the state of our nation's educational goals.
  • I am pro-choice.
  • I believe the Three Strikes rule needs reform.
I'll have to come back and add more to the list later. I'm not really sure what else to add! I know I have a lot of unpopular views, and honestly, I don't even know where I fit in politically.

No comments:

Post a Comment